Saturday, April 5, 2008

Number One: Canucks

Hello everybody. This is the first ever post on my soon-to-be-world-famous McSports blog. I guess I should tell you all, first of all, that I will always state my opinion, but I will never blog in a bias way. So I will not torch the Titans just because they eliminated my Browns from playoff contention, and I will try not to gloat when my longtime favourite New Orleans Hornets win the NBA championship. One thing I will gloat about today though is the fact that, for the second time in three years, the Canucks will not qualify for the NHL playoffs. The problem for them is depth, in the forward position especially. There have been too many below-average players that started for the Canucks farm team, Manitoba, at the start of the season that are now starting lots of games for the big team. Even without injuries, this team still lacks scoring punch, and although Luongo frequently bails out his teams weak offence, the Canucks can't expect him to steal every game. Also, the Canucks played badly against divisional teams such as Minnesota and Colorado, something no team can afford to do if they expect to excel in this NHL. Now with the likely loss of Naslund and Linden looming, this team will have even more trouble scoring. Only two players on the team eclipsed 20 goals this year, and one of them was Naslund. The Canucks year, in my opinion, should have been 2007/08, and I believe they might be starting a lengthy rebuilding period that Roberto won't want to be a part of. Well, that is all I have to say for my first post, feel free to write comments or replies.
McSports

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey, McSports, I like your Blog and I'll keep reading but you're all wrong about the Canucks!They are the greatest with the greatest fans forever who will be forever faithful. The Sedins will carry the day for the team, mark my words. There are so many teams out there with weak defence and this, you must agree is where the Canucks really shine.

I really hope that you'll follow the Tour de France on your blog when it happens.

Lucas McSports said...

Of coarse I will follow every major sport event.
As for the Canucks, I must agree they have great defence but I don't think you can really on two twins to carry a team to the playoffs next year
Thanks for the responce, home slice